Saturday, January 09, 2010

Scattered Thoughts

A poem that I came up with some time ago. For those who care, thoughts?



A thousand words lost in translation,
In the space 'tween thought and action,
A million lives forever discarded,
When words alone fail their function.

A mirror's a mirror.
Silvered side a dream.
The clear reflection reality;
Or a mockery?
Of shattered dreams and screams!

I'd have said a thousand words,
To you if you'd but listened:
What use a prayer on a stone?
Save perhaps tears hastened-
Of foundations, and aspirations,
And dreams trodden underneath;
Of careers and lives made,
And fairytales ending in truth.

What is life but a collage?
A mirage! Of images happy and sad-
I'd have given a thousand thoughts,
For you to smile instead.

Ah cruel world! Crueler still you!
You dream of the clouds;
Us mortals are but fools!
Distractions! Once new!!

No comments: