I don't get it. Last Saturday ManU looked like the ManU of old: a team that could actually dominate their rivals on pitch. Scholes had scored after a long long time, Rooney though not at his best was still impressive, Van Nistelrooy clinical with a delightful lob over the Portsmouth goalie, and Rio finally looking like he could actually rival John Terry. How then did ManU manage to lose to Benfica, especially when Scholes gave them the lead in 6 minutes? I did not watch the game. By all newspaper and website accounts, ManU gave possession away carelessly. But then, ManU has never really played possession football like say Arsenal or Real Madrid. They depend on those lovely crosses from Giggs or Ronaldo who have the talent to just skip past defenders, and they look to RVN and Rooney to score of them. What went wrong?? Apparently Sir Alex started with both Giggs and Ronaldo, along with RVN and Rooney. Based on current form ManU should have managed a draw comfortably at the very least.
There's one thing that I'm sure of though: it must have been Wes Brown who screwed up. Even though he was not used, I'm sure that he must have sabotaged the game from the sidelines. He probably emptied a packet of purgative into the drinking water of the team thinking that it was Vitamin C. Just confirms my suspicion: as long as Wes Brown remains, ManU will never be able to win a competition.
Jokes apart, this one's a serious set back though. ManU loses out on a lot of money because of this, and that's seriously going to hamper their prospects of buying a good player in the January transfer window. That means sticking with Wes Brown for some more time....... Oh no............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You said it. It's all Wes Brown's fault. Completely. Acutally, I felt they should have started with Park and should have brought Ronaldo on at abt 60mins.
I'm still gutted. Haven't got over the fact that we're not a part of the Champion league any more.
Rest I leave unsaid.
I don't agree completely. They did the right thing by going all out. What else do you expect from a team that has just had a very convincing 3-0 victory??
well,i hate to spoil the party,but i believe Brown would have probably done a better job than Silvestre,who looked very dopey. Though generally even i hate Wesley Brown as much as you guys do.
I was shocked to see Fergie take off Giggsey!Ronaldo's behaviour and his performance was embarrasing!& don't evn get me started on Saha & his Bicycle Kick!!!!!
Looks like another trophy-less season awaits United:(
Post a Comment